sabato 24 marzo 2012

Revell T-34-85

I had quite a hard time trying to upload pictures on blogger, but finally I managed to - using a file sharing portal...


Today's kit is Revell's T-34-85, one of the best kits out there, maybe surpassed only by Revell's panzer III and maybe panzer IV (which I have but have still to build). This one is better than the Eastern Express T-34-85, which is itself a pretty good one but not so neat. The kit comes in green plastic, which is a nice colour but doesn't help much to show the details. Apart from that, the building goes without any effort.
The only weak spot is the assemblage of the two halves of the turret (upper and lower one), you have to be a bit careful not to leave any fissure between the tow parts. I didn't pay much attention, so after painting the kit I noticed a gap. It was too late to fill it (didn't want to start painting again) so i covered it under some scratches I painted on the white base.
On overall this one is a great kit, without faults, but needs a bit of care because of the many tiny parts.
As for the painting, I used a green base, then overpainted it in white on the upper surfaces. I applied several irregular layers of white, as to make an uneven finishing. 
I didn't bother to paint the wheels white, some tanks had their wheels overpainted but the white wash went away so easily that it didn't make much sense to paint them anyway.
To reflect this I painted the edges with green , to simulate the wear. Then added some light green washes into the recessed areas.
An easy paint job, but I like the final result.



Il T-34-85 della Revell è uno dei migliori kit in circolazione, sorpassato solo dal panzer III sempre della Revell, e forse dal panzer IV della stessa ditta, che ho ma che devo ancora assemblare.
Anche il T-34-85 della Eastern Express è un buon modello, ma non altrettanto rifinito rispetto a questo. Fortunatamente i due modelli non sono del tutto alternativi, perchè rappresentano diverse varianti dello stesso modello. 
Il kit è realizzato in plastica verde, bella a vedersi ma che tende a nascondere i dettagli.
L'assemblaggio non prevede particolari problemi, ma richiede una certa attenzione a causa del gran numero di piccoli pezzi. La torretta è composta da una metà superiore e una inferiore, occorre un po' di cura per evitare che rimangano piccole fessure tra le due parti. Io non l'ho fatto, e mi sono accorto di tali fessure solo al momento della pittura finale; alla fine ho deciso di lasciar perdere e nasconderle sotto la pittura.
La mimetizzazione invernale è stata molto divertente da realizzare. Dopo aver dato una mano di verde (non ricordo la tonalità esatta...), ho applicato sulle superfici superiori una serie di mani di bianco abbastanza diluite ed irregolari, per rendere l'idea di una finitura approssimativa. Dopodichè ho applicato nelle rientranze un leggero lavaggio verde, ed infine sempre col verde ho praticato delle macchie sugli spigoli a simulare l'usura della vernice bianca superficiale. Un procedimento un po' lungo ma semplice e di sicuro effetto finale.
Ho evitato di dipingere le ruote in bianco in parte perchè non su tutti i carri venivano pitturate con la vernice invernale, e in parte perchè essa veniva scrostata tanto facilmente che probabilmente sarebbe stata asportata comunque in breve tempo.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento